Wednesday, October 24, 2007

MANTECH BLOG 8: IDENTITY AS TOOLS OF WAR

Nowadays, many people, especially in the Philippines are "in" to social networking. People from the ages of 14 and above register in Friendster, MySpace, Multiply, Hi5, Perfspot, TheOosh, Oyaye, Mailfriends and many others. However, this social networking sites have a minimum age which are never met because kids can just fake their birthdays and start using these social networking sites. People fill in the se details which are use to "socialize" or mingle with others. For me, It's not really bad. I think, social networking sites are a "better" email in the sense of user profile. People can extend their "friendship" network and befriend others.


In the U.S. I think that they have this AOL or American OnLine. For me, I think it's their online private biography. With that knowledge in mind, I think that many of these people's identities are at stake. Hackers can utilize these information against other people. Especially in the so called "friend making" sites because hackers can hack into their "friendship network". For me, its up to us to be responsible on the sensitive information that we put in the internet like Phone numbers, Addresses, etc.

No comments: